Competition Law regulates the behaviour of economic operators and their relationships in order to maintain competition and promote economic progress.
Spy Avocat will assist you in all matters regarding anticompetitive practices (cartels, abuse of dominant position) under French and EU legislation and regulations:
- From a competition law perspective, analysing contractual schemes or cooperation projects or partnerships, as well as assessing the potential risks arising from such schemes or projects;
- Auditing potential anti-competitive practices and determining the best strategy to mitigate the risks or remedy the issues identified;
- Assistance before the French Competition Authority or the European Commission following a complaint or a request for opinion;
- Assistance during dawn raids or investigations conducted by the French Competition Authority, the European Commission or the DGCCRF and in litigation related to such dawn raids or investigations;
- Assistance during infringement proceedings or sector enquiries (defence, leniency, settlements, commitments) and appeal;
- Conducting training and compliance programs.
You can also get assistance with respect to the implementation of French and EU merger control rules, in order to assess the applicability of potential controls, or, as the case may be, to notify the operation to the French Competition Authority or to the European Commission. Your lawyer can also assist third parties following market tests launched by those authorities.
Finally, your lawyer advises you on any queries concerning the application of State aid rules provided by the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, for example to assess the compliance of your funding scheme or your projects with such rules or to assist you in challenging State aid measures before national courts or the European Commission.